Our Commitment to Serving You
PreFix remains committed to serving you and our Austin-area community during this uniquely challenging time. We will resume full home maintenance services beginning Wednesday, March 25th.
Many of you have reached out for additional home maintenance support for your parents, families, friends, and neighbors. We’re ready to help.
1. Effective immediately we are offering two months of FREE PreFix membership to all new customers within the Greater Austin community.
2. Additionally, we will offer FREE emergency repair service to vulnerable homeowners in our community, including the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.
Simply share this link with your friends and family to get started.
What We’re Doing to Keep Our Home Visits Safe
We’ve implemented strict safety and health protocols that go beyond those recommended by the CDC, OSHA and the World Health Organization:
- If you’re unavailable, unwell, or if you know you’ve come into contact with someone who’s unwell to minimize risks to our employees and other customers, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- All new customer enrollments will now be conducted virtually.
- During each home visit, every Home Manager will take great care to follow the additional guidelines for minimizing risks including washing/sanitizing hands, wearing gloves and following social distance guidelines.
- In line with the recommendations, we ask for your understanding that while our team is always pleased to see you, we won’t be shaking hands during this time.
- We’ve enhanced our already robust cleaning techniques of our service vehicles and equipment to include sanitizing of steering wheels, handles, gear shifts after every visit. Fresh gloves and shoe coverings will be used after every visit.
- Our Home Manager team is now fully remote in full compliance with social distance guidelines.
For you and our team members safety, we have instituted additional home visit protocols:
- Your Home Manager will call you the evening before your scheduled home visit and review your home entry plan in accordance with the CDC’s social separation recommendations.
- We may ask that you wait in a separate room, enjoy some fresh air outside or discuss another agreed-upon spot to distance yourself while we perform maintenance and repairs.
- 15 min prior to our arrival for your home visit, your Home Manager will call you to provide adequate time to prepare for your home entry plan.
- During your home visit, your Home Manager will take great care and follow the additional guidelines for minimizing risks including washing/sanitizing hands, wearing fresh gloves and shoe coverings and outstanding personal hygiene.