Own your home, not its problems.
From appliance and small handyman fixes to regular preventive maintenance, PreFix gets it done so you can move on.
Your free trial includes:
- Two months of membership
- Your first preventive maintenance service
- One complimentary service call
- No contract or commitment, cancel anytime
Home maintenance, handled
80% of fixes are handled by your Home Manager.
No maintenance or repair is off limits.
Never deal with service windows or waiting.
It's easy to use
- Meet your neighborhood Home Manager, your go-to for maintenance.
- If you need a fix, just text, email, or call.
- Receive a 30-point preventive maintenance service twice a year.
- For repairs that require specific licenses, we'll connect and coordinate with pre-vetted contractors for you.
$40/monthfor most homes
- Go-to Home Manager who handles your repairs and maintenance so you don't have to worry
- Guaranteed low-cost repairs based on wholesale parts
- Semi-annual 30-point maintenance service included
- No contract, no commitment, cancel anytime
We fix most things for $40
More than 80% of repairs are handled by your Home Manager for just $40/hour. If parts are required, we charge members wholesale prices with no markup. Common service requests include:
Replace main control board
Replace inlet valve
Unclog drain valve
Unclog defrost drain
Replace mother board
Replace evaporator fan motor
Washer / Dryer
Replace inlet valve
Replace lid switch assembly
Replace main control board
Diagnose AC issues
Clean condenser outtake
Replace garbage disposal
Fix slow drain
Replace door knobs
Replace light fixtures
For repairs requiring a licensed tradesperson, like an HVAC replacement, we secure negotiated rates from pre-approved contractors who get the job done quickly. We'll even manage the repair to completion so you have peace of mind that the repair is done right.
PreFix pays for itself
Our customers save up to $1,500 per year, not to mention 30+ hours of time.
Most repairs cost just $40. The cost of parts is never marked up.
Come home to a home that works
A semi-annual 30-point preventative maintenance service on all appliances and systems is included in your membership.
- Flush sediment out of water heater
- Inspect toilets for valve leaks and replace as needed
- Clean AC drain line
- Unclog slow or blocked drains
- Clean condenser coil on refrigerator
- Sanitize clothes washer with natural cleansing agent
- Test smoke detectors or change batteries
- Inspect faucets for leaks and clean aerators
- Replace water filter in refrigerator
- Clean lint out of dryer and outtake vent
- Confirm that burners and lights work in oven
- Clean dishwasher drain and filter
- Sanitize dishwasher with natural cleansing agent
- Clean clothes washer gasket
- Clean AC condenser unit
- Test carbon monoxide detector
- Change AC filters
- Inspect all appliance lights, replace as needed
Your home team
Every PreFix member has a dedicated Home Manager as their go-to person.
Home Managers are some of the most qualified people on earth: military veterans with impeccable records. They're your trusted partner and can even take care of things when you're not home.
Former U.S. Navy Operations Specialist in the Combat Information Center
Former database manager maintaining Global Command Control System – Maritime for USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77)
Studied business abroad at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
B.A., University of Texas
Over 15 years of experience in maintenance and engineering in both multi-family and commercial buildings
Former lead at nationwide hospital restoration company
Mold remediation certification and HVAC Type II Certification
Maintenance technician and building engineer for both multi-family developments and large healthcare facilities
Licensed Universal EPA 608 Refrigerant Technician and Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
Experience with facilities management in commercial high-rise buildings
Former foreman at an Austin-based high-end residential landscaping company
EPA-licensed HVAC technician, certified in Refrigeration Machine Operations at the Turner School in New York
Over 10 years of technical and sales experience in electrical, audio-visual, and smart home automation
Former Electrician’s Mate (EM) Third Class and Lighting Shop Work Center Supervisor in the U.S. Navy
Recipient of the Navy’s Good Conduct Medal, Letter of Commendation, and Engineering Sailor of the Quarter
Know your home's health
Get a monthly Home Health Report, a comprehensive record of all your home maintenance with PreFix.
- See how much money you’ve saved over time
- Maintain a record of all home maintenance
- When you sell your home, you can show how well it’s maintained
PreFix eliminates the hassles of home maintenance, but don’t take our word for it.
PreFix has been a great investment in our home. It’s nice to know they’re thinking about the little things that can lead to bigger problems.
This is the most awesome service. For $40 a month, PreFix takes care of everything that my house needs maintenance-wise.
Exactly what folks like me are looking for in terms of a ‘partner in service.’ I learned things during the visit that can help me with my home.