Protect your investment the PreFix way.
Monthly maintenance service that handles all repairs directly with tenants. Now available for landlords with up to 50 properties.
Save up to $1,500 per year on each property.
All property repairs, handled
Lower your costs and delight your tenants: PreFix is your answer to the high fees and poor service of property managers.
We take the hassle out of managing your tenants' repair needs.Read more
We manage your tenant’s repair needs, freeing up your time so you can get back to the important things. You don’t have to look for individual contractors, do any haggling, or manage tenant schedules.
At any time, we can update or change the person-of-contact for the property.Read more
Want to be the person-of-contact until you’ve tried out the service? Sure. Need to update the contact from the old tenants to the new? No problem. We handle all the account information so you don’t have to.
A spending threshold alert allows you to be as involved as you'd like.Read more
Reach the perfect level of involvement for your unique situation by setting a spending threshold alert. For minor repairs and routine maintenance, you won’t be bothered. Only get notified for repair or contractor work when the cost surpasses your set threshold.
It's easy to use
- Meet your property's Home Manager, your go-to for maintenance.
- If you need a fix, just text, email, or call. With your consent, tenants can even schedule minor repairs.
- Receive a 30-point preventive maintenance service on each property twice a year.
- For repairs that require specific licenses, we'll connect and coordinate with pre-vetted contractors for you.
$40/monthfor most homes
- Go-to Home Manager who handles your repairs and maintenance so you don't have to worry
- Guaranteed low-cost repairs based on wholesale parts
- Semi-annual 30-point maintenance service included
- No contract, no commitment, cancel anytime
We fix most things for $40
More than 80% of repairs are handled by your Home Manager for just $40/hour. If parts are required, we charge members wholesale prices with no markup. Common service requests include:
Replace main control board
Replace inlet valve
Unclog drain valve
Unclog defrost drain
Replace mother board
Replace evaporator fan motor
Washer / Dryer
Replace inlet valve
Replace lid switch assembly
Replace main control board
Diagnose AC issues
Clean condenser outtake
Replace garbage disposal
Fix slow drain
Replace door knobs
Replace light fixtures
For repairs requiring a licensed tradesperson, like an HVAC replacement, we secure negotiated rates from pre-approved contractors who get the job done quickly. We'll even manage the repair to completion so you have peace of mind that the repair is done right.
PreFix pays for itself
Landlords save up to $1,500 per year on each property, not to mention 30+ hours of management time.
Most repairs cost just $40. The cost of parts is never marked up.
Maintain your investment
Yearly maintenance isn't top of mind for renters. But it is for us: A semi-annual 30-point preventive maintenance service on all appliances and systems is included with membership.
- Flush sediment out of water heater
- Inspect faucets for leaks and unclog aerators
- Clean condenser coil on refrigerator
- Inspect toilets and sinks for valve leaks
- Replace water filter in refrigerator
- Clean lint out of dryer and outtake vent
- Clean dishwasher drain and filter
- Sanitize clothes washer with natural agent
- Sanitize dishwasher with natural agent
- Clean clothes washer gasket
- Clean AC drain line
- Test smoke detectors and change batteries
- Clean AC condenser unit
- Test carbon monoxide detector
- Change AC filters
- Confirm that burners and lights work in oven
- Unclog slow or blocked drains
- Inspect all appliance lights, replace as needed
Your home team
Every PreFix member has a dedicated Home Manager as their go-to person.
Home Managers are some of the most qualified people on earth: military veterans with impeccable records. They're your trusted partner and can even take care of things when you're not home.
Former U.S. Navy Operations Specialist in the Combat Information Center
Former database manager maintaining Global Command Control System – Maritime for USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77)
Studied business abroad at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
B.A., University of Texas
Maintenance technician and building engineer for both multi-family developments and large healthcare facilities
Licensed Universal EPA 608 Refrigerant Technician and Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
Experience with facilities management in commercial high-rise buildings
Former foreman at an Austin-based high-end residential landscaping company
EPA-licensed HVAC technician, certified in Refrigeration Machine Operations at the Turner School in New York
Over 15 years of experience in maintenance and engineering in both multi-family and commercial buildings
Former lead at nationwide hospital restoration company
Mold remediation certification and HVAC Type II Certification
Over 10 years of technical and sales experience in electrical, audio-visual, and smart home automation
Former Electrician’s Mate (EM) Third Class and Lighting Shop Work Center Supervisor in the U.S. Navy
Recipient of the Navy’s Good Conduct Medal, Letter of Commendation, and Engineering Sailor of the Quarter
Keep each property in order
Get a monthly Home Health Report, a comprehensive record of all your property maintenance with PreFix.